Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hooking in a Happy Hinterland

Instead of "Walking in a Winter Wonderland," get it?  Of course you did.

So here's what I did last night after I got the email that said Maryvale would have five to six grads this year:


This is actually a lemony yellow that is very pretty; the pic doesn't do it justice.

Anyway, I'm happy for the graduates, and at the same time, six blankets?!  By June?  Well, it's my own fault for not starting these in January the way I usually do.

"Hinterland Throw" and Threads of Kindness to the rescue.  I've got the pattern, I've got the yarn, I've got the enthusiasm.  The pink one is done; it just needs blocking.


A note or two on the King Tut cotton.  It's a nice, smooth cotton, a bit splitty, but I've gotten used to its splitty wiles.  Also, while some skeins are fine, others have a lot of slubs.  This requires cutting them out and weaving in more ends, not my favorite pastime, especially with cotton, as the ends don't stay put as well as woolly ones do.

I'm crocheting along like wildfire, and Suddenly, Slub.  I curse.  I cut.  I try not to take it as a personal affront, as in, "Why doesn't the yarn manufacturer love me anymore?  We were so close!"

But never mind, we have a common goal: yarn in, yarn out until the blankets are done.  I'm thinking of all the yarn in my stash and imagining the perfect pattern for another Maryvale-worthy blanket.  Do I have time to design one?  I don't think so.  But you never know....

© 2012 Reyna Thera Lorele

2 comments:

  1. Love (I mean: REALLY love this Hinterland pattern. The Maryvale graduates will be agog with delight!!! --Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it too--it's an addictive pattern.

      Delete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!