Friday, November 16, 2012

The Butterfly Project

In my first felting class a few weeks ago, we all hand-felted a swatch just for practice.  Mine came out with a vaguely hourglass shape and I thought, with a little trimming, it would make a butterfly.  I promptly trimmed it, and plan to decorate it after I take a needle felting class this weekend.  Pics to follow soon!

Surfing on Ravelry, looking at butterfly patterns for inspiration, I came across The Butterfly Project, something the Holocaust Museum in Houston is doing in memory of the children who died during the Holocaust.  So I crocheted this one to send to them; it's a free pattern on Ravelry.



You can check out the museum website here or take a look at the Ravelry Butterfly Project group.  Just spreading the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!