Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Zen and the Art of Weaving

Before you freak out and think, "Good Lord, now she's weaving too?!," let me assure you that I have not yet been sucked into that vortex.  As in, "How many spinning wheels does it take to screw in a loom?"

I'm not making any promises about the future, but for now, knitting, crocheting, spinning, and quilting are filling my time.

But I have met a fellow artist who is a weaver, among other things, and she mentioned she was warping her loom in her living room, as one does, using a statue of Buddha as a warping peg, as one does, and hoping it wasn't disrespectful.

I, of course, imagine Buddha would be entertained, if not honored, but that's just me.

She sent me these amazing photos which I just had to share, with her permission:




Cosmic, huh?

Check out her Etsy shop--she makes lovely jewelry as well, with more to come.

Meanwhile, I will soon be "weaving" the fish together.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, think Buddha would be honored. We need to get you weaving . . . .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!