Friday, May 17, 2013

Creatures from the Blue Lagoon

As I wander by the sea, I notice:



prehistoric-looking pelicans resemble Birds of Paradise flowers.









Or maybe these guys:


Sometimes I feel I am walking through another era.  And as usual, getting lots of ideas for quilts and colors and so on.

Blogging has taken a back seat, however, to starting a new part-time job and looking for a new place to live.  Which I have found!  Hooray!  As soon as my lease is up, I will be moving again.  I'm already packing, but since I never completely unpacked in the house I'm renting now, it should be a lot easier to get ready.

I will still have a tiny office/sewing room, but at least it opens out to the living room, so it won't feel quite so claustrophobic.  And there are built-in bookshelves!  Perfect for stashing all those knitted and crocheted squares-in-progress (SIPs), instead of having to leave them lying all over my couch.

And the fish.  The fish are now packed in labelled ziploc bags so I can keep them in order, in suspended animation, until I move and can start working on them again.

Don't worry, they're fine.  I left the bags cracked open slightly so they can breathe.  (Or should I have put them under water?)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!