Saturday, December 21, 2013

Still Spinning

Somehow, between knitting and crocheting and designing patterns, quilting, working, and teaching, every now and then I sit down for half an hour or so of spinning.


This has been my spinning project for over a year, because I don't spin for long sessions these days, and because I bought every bit of this color that they had at Loop and Leaf--a full pound of 85% merino and 15% silk, my friends.


The first plied skein hasn't been put through the wash (in the sink), or the fluff and dry cycle (on the banister) yet, so it doesn't look quite as drapey as it will.



But wait, there's more!  On the Big Mama wheel:

Partially plied, with some waiting in the wings.









But wait, there's more:




















Lots more!


When I'm done, I hope to have enough to make a shawl.  Perfect for those cool California evenings with the moon rising among the palms.





Sign up to follow my blog and be among the first to know when new free patterns are posted!




2 comments:

  1. You can do it all , girlfriend--and beautifully,! Lovely skain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colorway, no wonder you bought a pound of it!!!! The spinning is gorgeous as well. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!