Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Color Re-Affection: Could This Be Love?





A few months ago, I finally found the right grey and black yarn (Shibui Staccato, Merino and silk) to go with the wonderful teal Madelinetosh Sock for my Color Affection Shawl.

I am so happy with it!  I haven't had a chance to wear it yet, due to the temperatures being in the 70s around here, but it is draped lovingly in my apartment.





Just to refresh our memories, here's what I started with:


Not enough contrast.

Well worth frogging and continuing the search for the perfect yarn.



It does get chilly at night around here.  I keep the thermostat low anyway; I'll wear a t-shirt--forget the turtlenecks--and throw on a beautiful shawl!

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Glad you finally found the right color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I absolutely love it. Carole is working on one too and the urge hasn't hit me, but it might after seeing yours!! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - love your color mixture!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!