Monday, February 24, 2014

Quick and Cute Crochet




This is the Moss Rose Headband, a shop sample I made with a pattern from a book called Crochet Bouquet.  First you make the headband, then the flower, then add the buttons.

I think this is one of the prettiest crochet flowers I've made.  The flower is actually cream-colored, though it looks a bit yellow in this photo.

I used Sublime Baby Cashmerino, a yummy DK weight yarn.  Nice and soft for baby.


The headband is hanging in the shop looking cute at the moment.

I have much more to share, but have been busy getting my tax info together, dealing with endless confusion and hassles in signing up for new health insurance (I blame the insurance company, totally disorganized and unprepared!), and taking my car in for repair.  Oh, yes, it has been a ton of fun.

Luckily, along the way, I get to knit and quilt and crochet, which calms me and gives me creative outlets that help to keep me sane.  Relatively speaking, of course.

Because, speaking of insanity, I am currently driving an inexpensive rental, a Scion.  It is about the size of half a phone booth (remember phone booths?!).

When my service person gave me the keys, I said, "Are you sure I don't have to pedal this thing?"  Oh, how we laughed....

Anyway, I tried it on the freeway and decided that was unwise, so took it onto side streets and made it in to work.  And it is a cute little cart, I mean, car.

I tease, I joke, I jest, but I'm glad to have wheels of any kind, and soon my own wonderful car will be home, safe and sound and all better from its stay at the car hospital.

And then I think a walk on the beach is prescribed.



For me, not the car.


Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tuck Me In Revisited

Among the many projects I have going, I finished another preemie blanket from my Tuck Me In pattern.

I used good old James C. Brett Marble Chunky for this one.  Hooray--I raided my stash!  Yes, it's true, I actually did not buy more yarn to make this!

It seems different NICUs want different sized preemie blankets, so if you decide to make one, check with your intended charity to find out what size they prefer.

I used less than one skein (200 yards) of a worsted weight for the original 15" x 15" blanket, but I wanted to make this one a little larger.  I cast on an extra 4 stitches and, using the chunky, came up with a blanket that was about 21" x 21".

I even had a little left over from the one giant ball of yarn.

This is an easy pattern, too--only one special stitch to learn.  Definitely Knit Night worthy.


The original Tuck Me In