Monday, February 24, 2014

Quick and Cute Crochet




This is the Moss Rose Headband, a shop sample I made with a pattern from a book called Crochet Bouquet.  First you make the headband, then the flower, then add the buttons.

I think this is one of the prettiest crochet flowers I've made.  The flower is actually cream-colored, though it looks a bit yellow in this photo.

I used Sublime Baby Cashmerino, a yummy DK weight yarn.  Nice and soft for baby.


The headband is hanging in the shop looking cute at the moment.

I have much more to share, but have been busy getting my tax info together, dealing with endless confusion and hassles in signing up for new health insurance (I blame the insurance company, totally disorganized and unprepared!), and taking my car in for repair.  Oh, yes, it has been a ton of fun.

Luckily, along the way, I get to knit and quilt and crochet, which calms me and gives me creative outlets that help to keep me sane.  Relatively speaking, of course.

Because, speaking of insanity, I am currently driving an inexpensive rental, a Scion.  It is about the size of half a phone booth (remember phone booths?!).

When my service person gave me the keys, I said, "Are you sure I don't have to pedal this thing?"  Oh, how we laughed....

Anyway, I tried it on the freeway and decided that was unwise, so took it onto side streets and made it in to work.  And it is a cute little cart, I mean, car.

I tease, I joke, I jest, but I'm glad to have wheels of any kind, and soon my own wonderful car will be home, safe and sound and all better from its stay at the car hospital.

And then I think a walk on the beach is prescribed.



For me, not the car.


2 comments:

  1. where can I get this pattern I live in Toronto a& it sure is cold here???
    The head band with the cream flower on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for a book called "Crochet Bouquet." The headband is on one page and the flower is on another. (Sorry, these aren't free patterns.). Hope you stay warm!

      Delete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!