Friday, March 28, 2014

A Class Act

As some of you know, I've been teaching a couple of drop-in help classes for knit and crochet at the LYS/LQS.  One of my faithful students, Betty, had the Cedar Leaf Shawlette in her stash of works-in-progress.  She'd had it for awhile and sort of given up on it, I guess, or maybe just got distracted by shiny new patterns.  Happens to me all the time.

Anyway, we worked on it for weeks together, as it presented quite a learning curve for her.  Much frogging occurred.  We finally agreed it was best to just work on it in class, so I could be there to administer urgent knitting care as needed, and whenever I was busy with another student, she patiently crocheted away on her Project Linus blankets.  (Three cheers for Betty, for her charity work!)

Despite the steep learning curve, she persisted like a champ, and she came in yesterday, triumphantly wearing the finished shawl!

I wish the pictures were less fuzzy, but her smile is clear!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!