Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Free Pattern: Equinox Scarf

Be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you can be among the first to know when I post a new, free pattern!


EQUINOX SCARF



This scarf is so-named because I made it with Nashua Equinox yarn--actually, I made two of them, with different colorways.   I figure it's a good pattern for March, since the Spring Equinox is coming.  This version of the scarf works up quickly with super bulky yarn, for our friends in parts of the world who are still having something called "winter."

(We had winter, too; it rained briefly.)

Combining thick yarn with a lacy stitch creates a casual but classy look that would work for a woman or a man.

I think this would look great with lighter weight yarn too; just cast on more stitches.  I am tempted to try this with some ribbon yarn I have lying around, just in time for spring.  If I get to it, I will post pics!



Finished size: 84" by 4"
Gauge: 2.5 sts per inch

Materials:
2 balls Nashua Equinox (132 yds. superchunky yarn)
#15 needles


Abbreviations:
k = knit
p = purl
skp = wyib, sl 1 as if to p, k1, pass sl st over k st
sl = slip
wyib = with yarn in back
yo = yarn over





Directions:
CO 10 sts (or any multiple of 2 for wider scarf or thinner yarn)

Row 1:  k1, *yo, skp*, rep from * to * to last st, k1

Repeat this row until you almost run out of yarn.

Bind off, weave in ends, block if necessary--it's a very non-curly stitch, so you may not have to block it.





Happy Spring--I know it's coming!




This pattern also appeared in the Knitting Calendar 2013.

© 2010, 2013 Reyna Thera Lorele
Ravelry: captainhook




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!