Saturday, March 29, 2014

Return of the Festive Fish (Creatures from the Black Lagoon)

The fish have been hibernating for months.  They got so relaxed at the spa, when they were getting their acupuncture (a.k.a., blocking), they went into a deep, meditative state and haven't been interested in participating in Life on the Earthly Plane.



They have not been nibbling at my toes, sending out subsonic squeaks, flash mobbing my yarn stash, or otherwise causing havoc in their usual way.  Even when I watched Stargate for the 50th time, they didn't wake up!

But it is Maryvale season now, and the potential need for a comforting blanket for a deserving Someone has roused the Bodhisattva Fish nature.

They pushed their fishbowl-like plastic project bag off the shelf and spilled themselves onto the floor in the living room in perfect order!

I am now sewing them together.  I may need to make at least five more in order to make a decent teenager-sized lap blanket.  Reminder: do not use sport weight yarn for fish, or else be prepared to knit fish forever.

Borders of some kind will be required.  Fat borders.

Sewing them together once they are blocked is much easier, fyi, for those of you who are thinking of knitting the fish.

I don't have all the colors I want; I was kind of wishing for a rainbow concept, but this will do.  I've decided it evokes sunlight through water.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

  1. Love your fishies. And how nice of them to "school" themselves into a perfect design. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!