Saturday, September 6, 2014

Where Have All the Projects Gone?

The reason I haven't blogged in a while is that I have been busy designing this, that, and the other.





Two crochet projects being submitted to Storey Publishing for one of their upcoming 101 One Skein series books:

the whimsical Zucchini Cocoon (with matching hat)

and below, a lace "cloud" of a blanket.

Wish me luck--I hope they make it into the book!








Submitting patterns to others, however, means a looming, brooding cloud of dreaded deadlines.  I kept trying to substitute the word "lifeline" in my mind, or "submission date" or "reception date," but I just couldn't fool myself.  It still felt like a deadline.  Cue the high blood pressure.

So I didn't let myself blog.  I hardly ever let myself spin, or quilt--I didn't finish my one UFO quilt a month "deadline" either!  Yikes!  It began to feel like a burden instead of a joy, so I told myself, "You don't have to finish the quilt.  Just finish the crochet patterns and get them out the door."

As of this morning, the pattern has been e-mailed, the "cloud" itself is off to Massachusetts by snail mail, and I have promised to reward myself with blogging and quilting and spinning like a wild woman, all the live-long day!

Just wanted to drop a blogline first.



And before I go, here's a sneak peak at one version of a new blanket pattern I'm developing.  This is just the center; the border really makes it pop.

All will be revealed in due course, as will the new patterns!

3 comments:

  1. Crossing my fingers and sending good thoughts for your submissions. LOVE the zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crossing my fingers for you too Reyna. I love what you have designed for submission and I'm sending positive thoughts. Deadlines are worrisome aren't they? I had a similar situation when I was asked to knit a pair of socks for the 2nd Mason-Dixon book. I made the deadline (barely) but it was stressful. So kudos to you for designing and finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers and doing the dance of joy...good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!