Wednesday, December 24, 2014

New Pattern: Zucchini Cocoon


The Zucchini Cocoon is one of the crochet projects I designed to submit to a 101 One-Skein Wonders book.  It's for swaddling a newborn baby, in case that wasn't obvious.  Little Bear seems to like it, but then, he likes practically everything I make.  He's very supportive.

It will be months before I hear whether the pattern got in or not, and since the publishers are fine with submissions that are already published and/or for sale elsewhere, I've decided to go ahead and put it up for sale here in my Etsy shop.

Being limited to only one skein of yarn was a great challenge for a devoted blanket maker like me.  I had to go small or go home!  So I chose chunky yarn for this little number.

One ball of James C. Brett Marble Chunky will do it; I even had enough left over to make a matching hat and some plant-like curlicues, with about a half a yard left over!

But you can substitute any chunky yarn you like.  You'll need 341 yards.


Enjoy!

If you like this pattern, you might also like the River's Edge Ripple blanket.

Sign up to follow my blog and be first to know when a new pattern arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!