Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Two-Wheeler


The next Underground Railroad quilt block is Carpenter's Wheel.  As usual, I wanted to make one before class to see if I could understand the pattern all by my lonesome.

I couldn't decide between two color combos, so I made two squares.




This block is a lot more complicated than the previous three, what with the pinwheels and the flying geese and so forth.











Laid out and ready to join:



Sewn together, and most of the points even match:



The background fabric for the one above is little white on white dragonflies, btw.  I love it!







This background fabric is a batik.  Warms my heart to have a batik in here.











Starting to look like a quilt might come together some day?  Far into the future?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!