Saturday, June 6, 2015

Goleta Library Show 2015

Our Fiber Arts Guild has taken over the display case again at the Goleta library.  (We did have permission.  It wasn't, "When Fiber Artists Attack.")

That's my Snowstar paper pieced and quilted wall hanging in the upper right corner.  We have some gorgeous samples of felting by Val McLean, weaving and rug hooking and knitting and more by other artists, with a broad sampling of the many tools we use.

If you're in the area, go check it out live!  It will be up until June 30th.

I apologize for the shadowy photos; the lighting in the library entryway is not great, my camera is not great, and the combo is, well, you guessed it, not great.  Machinations in my computer have improved it, but not greatly.



Below, on the left, one of my sample Symphony blankets (a crochet pattern soon to be published), and a sampling of pretty hooks.  On the right, a lovely shawl crocheted by Bev Ryan.


One of the best ways to get your work in the show?  Show up!  It worked for me!  (Well, you do have to be a member of the Santa Barbara Fiber Arts Guild, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!