Friday, June 19, 2015

Patriotic Quilting Sew-In

The local quilting guild had a sewing day, to put together patriotic quilts for veterans.  I was grateful I was free to go.


A couple of people were putting together star squares that had been donated.


I was assigned to the design wall, too, where I got to play with lots of HSTs (half-square triangles)!

There was a huge roll of donated batting, there were bins and bags full of patriotic fabric, most of it donated, I think.

There were kits for making more, and lots of quilts getting finished.





Some people got there at 8:30 a.m. and probably didn't leave until 4 p.m. or later, but I was only there for about 4 hours.  That was my limit, especially since I was on my feet for most of it.

I was exhausted but happy by the time I went home.


Did I take some scraps home to sew?  Yup.  Not all these boxes full, I promise!  Just a few handfuls from each.  And a kit.

Results to be posted soon!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun. I love the star blocks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!