Monday, July 27, 2015

More Bowling

A-bowling we will go, a-bowling we will go….

Two friends, 3 sewing machines, fabric and fusible interfacing flying.  The results:

Insides

Outsides

Elisa's is on the bottom right; wish I had a close-up so you could see how cute the fabric is.

Judith's and mine were not quite finished in the above pics;  we still needed to trim the edges with satin stitch.  Hers is the bright, cheerful bowl, and mine is the one with Laurel Burch cat fabric.

Finished:




Mom (hi, Mom!) saw pics of the first bowl I made and said, "It's lovely.  Please don't make me one."  We laughed and laughed.  She knows me so well!  Of course I was thinking what great gifts these bowls would make!





The cat bowl was intended for a certain loved one who loves cats, however, it is so darn cute, I might have to keep it!  I mean, cats hugging?!  How cute is that?  Looks like I will have to make another!


I think Mom's desire not to receive one has less to do with (the eloquent beauty of) the bowls and more to do with the fact that she is constantly trying to cull Stuff from the household.  I get it:  she really doesn't need any more bowls.  Especially ones that can't hold soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!