Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Bountiful BaaBoo

Hearthside Fibers is at it again:  providing major yarn support with their beautiful yarns.  I mentioned several design ideas to them, and they sent me these fabulous fiber-y treats.

First, for a one-skein knitted shawlette, their BaaBoo yarn in the Galway Bay colorway.  It's variegated, as you can see, with soft colors that blend really well together.

I love the BaaBoo!  It is luscious to work with, featuring Merino wool (the Baa) and bamboo (the Boo), and a smidgen of nylon, making it machine washable and great for all our fingering weight projects, even kids' stuff.

It's about 438 yards per skein, perfect for a shawlette or a pair of socks.  Plus, it's really fun to say, "BaaBoo."  Irresistible.




I also got enough BaaBoo for a larger knitted shawl I have in mind.  I've got the Wingtips colorway (the grey), and a skein each of Grape Jelly and Orchid for dashes of color.

I've worked on a prototype--I still have some math to figure out to give it the shape I want, but I'm zeroing in on a plan.





Last but not least, they sent me more of the wonderful Polwarth and Silk DK weight that I used for the crochet Symphony Infinity Scarf.  This time it's the "Extravagance" colorway, about 280 yards per skein.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet, but I might just crochet another Symphony.

Can't wait to wind this stuff and get down to some serious fiber play!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!