Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Mission Falls Modern Log Cabin

The weather finally cooled off enough for me to finish this blanket I started last winter.  It's based on the "Moderne Baby Blanket" from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book.




It's a log cabin style pattern, and in this case, I just kinda winged it, working on whatever side I wanted with whatever color looked good to me at the time.  I used 15 skeins of discounted Mission Falls 1824 Wool that I've had in my stash for many moons.  Mission Falls is out of business, alas, or I would be busy recommending the yarn.


I decided to modify the original pattern with a stained glass effect.  The main thing to remember (which I learned by trial and error), is to make sure you do the black outline (or whatever color you're using for the outlines) on the side you're about to knit next, not the side you just finished.

I knitted 4 rows of black for each outline, then started the next color.




If you're looking for something easy to while away the hours, this pattern fits the bill!

4 comments:

  1. That is STUNNING. Beautiful colors and I love the black edging. Wow, wow, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out. I love this pattern too, I've used it numerous times. It's also a great stash-buster project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liana! Yes, this pattern is a keeper.

      Delete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!