Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Oceans of Teal

I bought a pound of teal fiber, merino and silk, in the summer of 2012, to celebrate my return to California.  Actually, I bought half a pound first at Loop and Leaf, then went back and bought the other bag full they had.  Could not resist!

Over the next--good heavens!  Has it really been three and a half years?!--I slowly spun it, plied it very slowly indeed, and finally soaked it and hung it up to dry.

What we have here, friends, according to my calculations, is over 1200 yards of slightly variable-in-thickness but relatively evenly spun more-or-less fingering weight handspun yarn.

I could practically knit a tent with this much yardage!  But I don't plan on designing a tent pattern.

Oh, and in the bottom left corner, slightly lighter and heathery in color, is some worsted weight I spun from fiber my buddy Elisa gave me.  Yes, GAVE me.  You heard me.  Love that stuff too.  Thanks, Elisa!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful color!! I love teal... It's one of my favorite colors. Happy knitting and crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love that color and you did a great job on the spinning. Hmmmm, now what to use that 1200 yards on . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Those skeins are beautiful and I can't believe it's been since 2012 that you left. So much time has passed, things have changed and life moves on. I enjoy reading your blog and I'm sorry I haven't commented more. I'll try to do better. :-) Keep up the great work, I love looking at all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!