Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Dragonflies and Mermaids

I've made a couple more totes.

The dragonfly fabric and the perfect batiks to go with it came from a sale in a guild member's driveway a few months ago.

It's wonderful that so many other quilters are fabricaholics like me.  Then, when their stash gets too big, they de-stash, and I luck out!




This one has my knitted handspun shawl project in it, and I was careful to make at least a couple of pockets big enough to hold a folded pattern.

The blue fabric on the inside came from Quilt Ventura, and the batik from the second Coastal Quilt Shop Tour.

I mention where all these fabrics come from to validate, to myself, my ongoing fabric purchases.  "See?" I say to myself.  "I really am using the fabric.  Honest."

The mermaid tote is a larger version of the same concept.  Thank you, Debbie, for the mermaid fabric and the tote-making class!


I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I love the pockets.  Must have pockets.  And notice how the totes stand up all by their lonesomes.  No floppy project bags for me.

More tote bags are definitely in my future.







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tote bags and they look perfect for carrying current knitting projects.

    Do you plan to make more of these and sell them online (like ETSY)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there! I do plan to make more and I may sell some if I ever make one I don't love so much, I want to keep it! I've thought about listing some in my Etsy shop, but I'm not crazy about having to deal with shipping. There's only so much time in the day, and I'd rather be sewing or knitting or going for a walk. But… if you see something you like…!

      Delete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!