Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Four (or Five) Tops

Lest you think I haven't been quilting, here are several tops I've finished in the past few months.  I still need to do the actual quilting, but at least they are in the queue and the fabric is out of the stash.

Most of these tops are for baby-sized quilts.

I gathered the various fabrics for this first one over the past three years, from this or that shop run or sale.


I've done two with this next pattern, from donated fabric, and they will be going back to our guild's Community Projects, and then off to local children in need.

I love the bright colors and it's such an easy pattern!


Meanwhile, I had complicated plans for this fairy fabric, involving fussy cutting and probably appliqué, and I finally realized I didn't want to be that fussy with it.



So I was going to do big squares and sashing, and just churn the thing out, but then kinda got bored with that idea--way too simple, even for me--so I did half-square triangles.







And the last pattern is called, "Charmed, I'm Sure," available at Quilt Ventura.
It's also a small throw or lap quilt.
I really like the slightly glittery fabric mixed with a little bit of batik.





Now back to knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Love the fairy quilt! I hate half-square triangles but I might get over it for that pattern . . . .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!