Thursday, June 16, 2016

Free Quilting Pattern Link: Frogs in the Serengeti

These froggy fabrics, donated to Community Projects, make me so happy--the little critters look like they're having so much fun!

There were a few fishy fabrics as well,  a seahorse or two--love those--and one with cute little bugs (the yellow fabric.)  Throw in a few lizards and you've got quite a party going on.



I found a great free pattern online that I thought would work well with big prints. Check out the free patterns on Jinny Beyer's website and look for Serengeti.

It's a very easy pattern to throw together:  not a lot of points to match, big pieces of fabric, a good time to be had by all.

I only had one scrap of frogs in spaceships, so I was happy to find a pattern that let me use the whole scrap without cutting it up.  Makes me giggle every time I see it.



I chose one color family for the thin sashing, using scraps from my stash and from Community Projects.  A slightly contrasting blender fabric made the inner border, then mad seashells on the outer border.

It's a busy little quilt top, but I think it's cute.


2 comments:

  1. Frogs is spaceships?? Want! This quilt is going to make some kid *very* happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. I agree with Elisa. Someone is going to be delighted with that quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!