Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Cupcake Strikes Again!

There's nothing quite like the Cupcake Beanie, designed by Debbie Ware.  She sells her patterns as well as finished items in her Etsy shop.

She has designed a lot of cute patterns, but this is one I go back to over and over for newborn babies.


The first time I made this hat, I was a new knitter, and found the learning curve to be high.  Knitting AND purling?  In the round??  With slipped stitches?  And bobbles??!!

I was determined, however, and I am so glad I stayed with it.

I even adapted it once for a grown-up friend:  I cast on more stitches, and knitted a few extra rows here and there.

This latest one turned out a bit more ruffly around the top because I added extra rows here too.  I'm thinking the original is better, but, oh well, too late now.  It has already been gifted, and the baby will grow into it eventually!

Instead of my usual Tahki Cotton Classic, I used Baby Bunny yarn, which has a dash of angora--yum!--yet is still machine washable.  Alas, it is a discontinued yarn.

I decided to go with a little I-cord topper this time instead of a pom-pom.  I attribute that decision to laziness.

More new babies are on the way.  Back to the knitting needles!

2 comments:

  1. Where do I find the pattern for this adorable little hat???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the words Cupcake Beanie at the top of this blog entry and it will take you right to the site. Enjoy!

      Delete

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!