Wednesday, October 12, 2016

New Pattern: Gateway Infinity Scarf

My newest published pattern is the Gateway Infinity Scarf, now available on Etsy and on Ravelry.

You can wear this long or wrap it twice around your neck for a cozy cowl.

It's an intermediate to advanced pattern--easier than the Symphony Infinity Scarf.  If you've never crocheted post stitches before, this pattern is a gateway drug (hence the name)!  Post stitches are easier than you might think, and once you get the hang of them, you might find them addictive.

In brief, you are simply crocheting your normal stitch around the stem, or "post" of the stitch indicated instead of into the top of it.  So, if it's a double crochet, you'll double crochet around the post.  So easy!  (I know, easy for me to say!)





I first made a sample with Sublime DK, this purple one.


Then I made one with the wonderful Hearthside Fibers Extravagance, using the color way, "Teal We Meet Again."

You'll need 500 yards of DK weight yarn (2 skeins of Extravagance will give you plenty), a G (4mm) hook, and some optional locking stitch markers if you want to make it easier on yourself when counting your beginning chains.




I also tried a multi-color one, using a small amount of a contrast color for the edging and for Round 7.  So, lots of options here.  I want to thank my buddy, Judith, for posing for photos again.  What would we do without our friends?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!