Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Metro Sweater Joy

Well, I finally made a sweater that not only fits me but feels good to wear--and you, too, can make one!  It's the Metro Sweater.


It is perfect for the weather here, with 3/4 length sleeves, and an open front.

The pattern is well-written and is just complex enough to be interesting to me without causing mental conniptions.

The only changes I made were when I picked up stitches for the arms.  I could see partway through the first arm that it just wasn't going to be big enough for my big old wobbly upper arms.  So I frogged back and picked up a few extra stitches instead of the number given; there was plenty of room to do so on the armholes themselves.

Then I knit a few extra rounds here and there as I went along to give myself plenty of arm-room.

And it worked!  I've even had a chance to wear it a few times already.  So happy.  Plus, the yarn has been sitting in my stash for a long time, Garnstudio's Angora-Tweed, 70% merino wool and 30% angora.  Feels great to use up most of it.

And it basically looks like faded blue jeans, one of my favorite colors.  It speaks of comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!