Sunday, February 19, 2017

New Pattern: Mountain Girl Cowl

Presenting the Mountain Girl Cowl.  I made the first of these a long time ago, and always meant to type up the pattern (now available for purchase on Etsy and Ravelry).

By the time I got around to it, I decided I had better make another just to make sure I knew what I was doing.

Found a better way to write the directions, actually.  Hooray!  It's always worth a second test knit.




Knitted in the round, you start with a seed stitch border.  You could do garter stitch instead of seed stitch.  If you choose garter, just remember that you're knitting in the round, so Round 1 will be knit, and Round 2 will be purl.  (If you were knitting flat, you would simply knit each row for garter stitch.)

Then you start the relatively simple lace pattern, and the border again, in due course.

Chunky yarn makes this a fast knit, so if you need a last-minute gift for someone (or yourself!) this pattern comes in handy.

I used Eco-Wool for the one above, and Kertzer Tweed Montage for this lovely blue and purple one.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!