Wednesday, May 10, 2017

New Pattern: Rosetta Shawlette

I named this shawlette "Rosetta" because the yarn I had was rose-colored (obvious, I know) and I had a friend in the good old days whose middle name was Rosetta, so, why not honor a pal?


It then occurred to me:  good heavens, she's the one who taught me how to crochet all those years ago! High time she had a pattern named after her!


The main body of the shawlette is crocheted lengthwise using a simple combination of single and double crochets.  The scalloped border is then crocheted along the shaped bottom edge.  I'd say it calls for intermediate level skill, due to the (very simple, I promise!) increase and decrease stitches, and the bobble stitches in the border.







Here it is during blocking--a pin in every picot!


The finished piece measures 13" at its widest point, and about 56" long once blocked.

The yarn I used is one of my favorites:  Hearthside Fibers "Extravagance," which is a DK weight Polwarth and Silk yarn.

You can buy the Rosetta Shawlette pattern on Etsy here and on Ravelry here.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. Thanks for sharing!